Our meditation classes are free of charge, offered by the Sri Chinmoy Centre. They are suitable for beginners and those with experience.
In the classes we will offer several meditation exercises, based on the teachings of Sri Chinmoy, which you will be able to try during the course. There is no need to bring anything, just bring yourself! Chairs will be provided.
To get the most out of the meditation classes, we recommend you practise at home. Regular practise on your own is the key to developing the capacity to meditate. It is like playing the piano – you cannot expect to be an expert overnight.
The meditation classes will involve:
- Basics of meditation
- Breathing exercises
- Concentration exercises
- Meditation on the heart
- The philosophy and meaning behind meditation
To find out more about our meditation classes, or to book your place, please contact Sumangali on 07974 941556 or send a message below. Please note we cannot reply to email addresses.
About the class givers
Sumangali has been a member of the Sri Chinmoy Centre since 1997. She lives in Leeds where she works as a web designer, and is also a keen writer. Her book Auspicious Good Fortune, is about her spiritual journey as a student of Sri Chinmoy.
Tejvan was born in Yorkshire and now spends his time between Oxford and Yorkshire. He works as a writer on economics and is an amateur cyclist. He has been a meditation student of Sri Chinmoy since 1999 and has given many meditation classes in the past 20 years.
Devashishu lives and works in London, but often travels to different parts of the world. He has been a meditation student of Sri Chinmoy for over 30 years and has given meditation classes in London, Australia, US and parts of Europe. He helps to co-ordinate the European leg of the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run.
Some FAQs about our classes
- How much do the classes cost? – The course is free.
- Do I need to register? Yes please, just let us know your name and phone number so we can contact you about the classes. We will not share your details with anyone else.
- Do I need to bring anything? No, just wear light and comfortable clothing. It is advisable not to eat a heavy meal before trying to meditate.
- How long will the classes last? The classes will last between 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.