In our meditation classes, we teach the basics of meditation and invite participants to practise meditation for themselves. It is a course that emphasises individual self-discovery to find the inner peace and joy that we have within.
- Our meditation classes are free.
- Read more about our meditation classes
What is Meditation?
- Meditation involves quietening the mind, and bringing forward the heart.
- Meditation is to experience a consciousness beyond thought; a consciousness of peace and real happiness.
- Meditation helps us to understand more about our real self.
- Meditation helps deal with anxiety and stress and gives us a good feeling about ourself and the wider world.
About Sri Chinmoy
- The meditation classes are offered by the Sri Chinmoy Centre, which has been established in the UK since 1970.
- We have meditation groups in cities, such as York, Leeds, London, Edinburgh, Bristol and Cardiff.
- Sri Chinmoy was a spiritual teacher who came to the west in 1964, he established the Sri Chinmoy Centres, and also the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run – a global relay run for promoting harmony and peace.
Devashishu Torpy talks about meditation
With the practise of meditation, there is no end to the progress we can make. However, when we first dip our toes in the world of meditation, progress can feel a little uncertain. It is important not to be impatient or too hard on yourself. Just remember we have spent...read more
“We meditate for various reasons. Peace of mind we all badly need. Therefore, when we meditate, either consciously or unconsciously we aim at peace of mind. Meditation give us peace of mind without a tranquilliser. And unlike a tranquilliser, the peace of mind that we...read more
In one sense meditation doesn't need any preparation. We don't need to gain any preliminary knowledge or understanding - we can just turn up and meditate. However, if we wish to maximise the benefit from a period of meditation, there are a few things that will help us...read more
In 1995, Leeds was dedicated as a Sri Chinmoy Peace Blossom city. In 2014, the Peace Run passed through Leeds and there was a short ceremony to rededicate the city as a city dedicated to peace. The event was held at Park Square in the centre of Leeds. Sri Chinmoy...read more